Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diode For Rectenna using Advanced Design system(ADS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi.bdf

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I'm trying to simulate a rectenna circuit, in some examples that i find on the net they use the same diode as me. I take the spice parameters in the datasheet but the results are diferent. My doubt is, in the figure, how can i manage to simulate this diode in ADS.
https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/3500937500_1407160686.jpg

Diode.jpg

if you have spice file of the diode,

if you have spice file of the diode,

Hello.
I have the file of the diode but the results are diferent from the source. My doubt is, he's just using the model of the diode in ADS or he's doing some equivalent circuit?

you should use the diode spice file,
ADS has some equivalent circuit, but need you input some parameters.

Using the SPICE parameters should be enough but take verify if the example you saw considered also the parasitics of the package of the diode (you can usually find some application note about that).

And be careful with the power you're defining at the source and the frequency of operation. The Schotkty's diode's input impedance will vary greatly with these 2 parameters.

Can someone tell me how to find the input impedance of SMS7630 schottky diodes via simulation..ADS or CST MWS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back