Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digitally controlled potentiometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

estradasphere

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

is there a rough formula to calculate the accuracy of digitally controlled potentiometers? i want to estimate the accuracy of a DCP which compensates the dc-offset at the input of an op-amp. since the offset voltage in my circuit frequently changes, the dc-offset is cancelled by the DCP. does a DCP have a lower accuracy for low offset voltages? if yes, a certain dc-offset at the input of the op-amp still remains. all i want is to estimate the the error of the DCP for different input dc-offset voltages to calculate the remaining dc-offset.

thanks

I don't think there is a formula to calculate accuracy of a digital potentiometer ..
You will have to refer to a particular potentiometer's data sheet ..
Here is an example:
"APPLICATION NOTE 629
Digitally Adjustable Voltage References"
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

It does not seem to be controlled through a formula. U can calculate the precision/ resolution of a Dig Pot by simply dividing the total resistance with the number of digital steps. U can find excellent Dig Pots from Xicor.

Hi All,

Can we have more discussion on DCP or any help to know more about DCP.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back