Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digitally Assisted Pipeline ADCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

shineqi

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends:

We are doing a ADC IP for 50M & 12bit in .13 technology.

1) What is the possible structure & building blocks for it? especially in the correction logic block

2) Is it possible to implement the theory by Murmann & Boser ?

It uses the open loop amplifier in the book. Can I use closed loop OTA as usual and use the correction logic in this book?

I do't know it is clear or not?

I hope I can know some experts in the ADC or data converting.

Thanks all your support.

You could try to correct nonlinearities from closed-loop OTAs, but it would defeat the purpose unless your OTAs had really low gain, since the whole point of spending the extra power/area for the digital correction is so you can do away with the power needed for closed-loop OTAs.

If we do not concern the Power and Area, May I use the closed loop OTA.

You should have a lot experience in the ADC, would you mind sharing some information with me?

Certainly you can design your ADC with usage of closed loop OTA and correction logics as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.