Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital volume control circuit using CD 4067

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajaram04

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello sir
I got a ciruit diagram for single channel digital volume control
so would it work ? if yes then how analog signals travel through i.c. ???

clip_image002.jpg

It is probably the Worlds most complicated volume control but yes, it should work.

The CD4067 is a 16:1 analog multiplexer, basically the binary value 0000 through 1111 on the ABCD pins turns on one of the 16 switches, connecting one of the pins along the bottom to the common pin (pin 1). The volume is divided into 16 steps by the resistors R9 to R23 and one of those steps is connected to the output.

Brian.

It is probably the Worlds most complicated volume control but yes, it should work.

The CD4067 is a 16:1 analog multiplexer, basically the binary value 0000 through 1111 on the ABCD pins turns on one of the 16 switches, connecting one of the pins along the bottom to the common pin (pin 1). The volume is divided into 16 steps by the resistors R9 to R23 and one of those steps is connected to the output.

Brian.

hmm i see . . kkk

well can we use the combinational 16 steps by the resistors R9 to R23 manually to create our own design ?
i mean shall we get a smooth increasing & decreasing volume levels after designing final stage ?
so may i bring all this resistor value mentioned here ?

The volume will only have 16 fixed levels as decided by the resistor values. For smooth volume changes you need at least twice that many and preferably much more. My home stereo here has 128 steps. You can buy "digital potentiometers" which do all this for you in one IC.

Brian.

The volume will only have 16 fixed levels as decided by the resistor values. For smooth volume changes you need at least twice that many and preferably much more. My home stereo here has 128 steps. You can buy "digital potentiometers" which do all this for you in one IC.

Brian.

kk well forget about that

so for some fix levels i may choose the given values or not ???????

i need a few steps as shown actually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back