Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital to analog converter with FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

isamel85

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Actually I am looking for a digital to analog converter (preferably an evaluation board) in order to connect an FPGA with a RF signal generator N9310A (he plays the role of an I and Q modulator and includes two inputs analog I and Q on rear panel and he can transpose the two analog signals to an RF signal).

In the FPGA, I have a baseband transmitter chain with two I and Q outputs, the internal blocks are clocked on the clock frequency of 1 MHz, but the last two blocks (upsampling with a factor of 8 and the digital filter in transmission) working on an 8 MHz clock. So the two outputs of filters with 10 bits each (I and Q) are the outputs of the main transmitter.

So I need an evaluation board for a digital to analog converter which has the following characteristics:
- 10 bit resolution
- Rate of 8 MSPS. Is it correct? Is it possible to select a higher rate e.g. 125 MSPS?
- Dual TxDAC for the two channels (I and Q)
- Parallel interface with digital signals from FPGA
- Analog output range or the output reference voltage must be compatible with analog I and Q inputs of the RF signal generator.

Knowing that the analog I and Q inputs of the RF signal generator has the following characteristics: I / Q modulation (Option 001 only)

Operating mode External I/Q inputs

VSWR < 1.5

Full scale input 0.5 Vrms

Modulation frequency range DC to 20 MHz At 3 dB points

Carrier suppression 40 dBc Typical; modulation frequency = 10 kHz

QPSK EVM 3% Typical; 1 Msps; 0.22 RRC filter

GMSK phase error 1.2 °rms Typical; 1 Msps; BT = 0.5

Connector and impedance BNC female; 50 Ω Rear panel

So if anyone who can help me to choose this converter.

Another alternative, is there a VHDL description of a digital to analog converter based on a first order Sigma Delta modulator (a version that works)?

Please I need a help.
Thank you.
Isamel

Status
Not open for further replies.