Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Signal Processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravpride

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All ,

I am new to digital signal processing . I want start with some programming . Please suggest me ??
Is there is any need of hardware platform ??

Thanks
Gaurav

Hi,

You could use Matlab, and in that case no hardware is needed. There is also open source software that is Matlab-like. I forget what it is called.
Many DSP books use Matlab for their examples. I think most people create and prove their algorithms on software like Matlab, or using C code on
a Windows or Unix machine, before implementing in a hardware platform.
If you want to try it on hardware, digital signal processing can be done using microcontrollers, FPGAs, CPLDs or on actual DSP devices. After all,
DSP is essentially an exercise in math, and all these devices are good at that. In that case, probably best to get a development platform for
the device of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back