Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital input signal to OPAMP OPA4376

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandar2589

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to know whether we can give a digital frequency input to Texas instruments IC OPA4376 whose frequency is around 200kHz

First of all I m sorry the input should be 200Hz and not kHz and if you are asking for the output it should also be a digital frequency output which is used as an external interrupt to the micro controller. Also I would like to ask one thing how should we decide from the data sheet that can we give a digital input to opamp and of what frequency

Hi you have to look at the Bandwidth, your Opamp can operate upto 5.5MHz, when working in digital also look at the slew rate...

what is the normal slew rate that we should look for

what is the normal slew rate that we should look for
That's a bit like asking how much milk you should buy. It depends on your requirements.

To start with, why do you want to connect a digital signal to the input of an analog opamp anyway?
What do you hope to get at the output of the opamp?
What is that output connected to, or used for?

The OPAMP was initially designed to take analog input only but now we want it to take both analog and digital input and the digital output which will come will be used to connect to the micro-controller as an external interrupt and analog input to the ADC. Tt can give both analog as well as digital output so by using a jumper we will decide which output we want to take

Certainly the op amp should respond okay to a 200Hz digital signal if you don't require fast output rise and fall time. What is the gain of the op amp circuit?

the op amp is actually designed as a voltage follower so the gain should be 1 but we want to give digital input as well

Status
Not open for further replies.