Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital error correction in pipelined adc

Status
Not open for further replies.

manissri

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,
i am desinging the 12 bit 10msps 1.5 bit piplined adc.
in which the digital error correction block is used to convert the 12 bits from 22bits. i am unable to understand the real mechanicm to this block. actullly the digital error correction is used to relax the comperator offset used in sub adc part.
if u have some pdf r docs to understand the mechanism of digiatal errro correction , plz clearyfy it ..
i understand that if there is an 1/2 lsb error in comprator then the error is take care by digital error correction block .
so how this is happening in digital error correction block
regards
manish

pipeline used the DEC to confirm the voltage output is right....

the most critical is at the MSB bit because u have to use many regicters there ...i assume that 11 register is needed for 12 bit MSB right....

DEC not only to relax the comaparator but also as a trigger to indicate the conversion is finish and the output is ready...sound like SAR algorithm method but in pipeline se use two non-overlapping clock so in every half cycle one conversion is finish.....and this will go on continuously(after the latency)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back