Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital compass

Status
Not open for further replies.

mishra12

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i want to build digital compass to interface with 8051 micro controller any idea how to build ?

some digital compas come with serial or parrarel interface. you can connect it to your uC just like you connect any other peripheral.try to find some digtal compass literatur. learnd about its connection and data interface.

i am using eight hall sensors interfacing micro controller giving serial data like E(east),EN,N,NW,W........etc

Its sounds like the complexity of your application is minimal, so you should have a large number of uCs to choose from. I'm not sure if you are doing a development for your company or just a hobby project. 8051 is becoming less prevalent in mainstream product developments. You should really look towards the ARM architecture. There are a large number of semiconductor companies offering products on this architecture - Semiconductor Vendor with ARM processor RTL license from ARM - Connected Community - ARM. Either the M0 or M3 cores should be acceptable for your application.

@LPMCU2011

The 8051 architecture is well and alive. It is ideal for small projects. Even now companies like Atmel, Maxim, Analog Devices, Dallas, NXP and many more make new parts based on the proven 8051. ARM is for more demanding applications. They are both in different leagues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back