Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital communication or power electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizwanspirit

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am in 6th semester BE electronics and now my university has offered me to choose one subject between "Digital communication" or "power electronics".please guide me which is best.

In my view digital communication has more scope compared to power electronics..
i had touch in both the subjects .... having gone through i believe that digital communication helps a lot(in case u r very much interested in electronics)
this is what i feel ....
all the best ...

rizwanspirit

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I'd go with power electronics, which is a more "exotic" branch of electronics and much harder to learn by yourself. Having a basic knowledge in digital comm is easier to achieve by yourself. If you want to specialize in that it's a different story.
In terms of applications, these are two completely different worlds and can be found everywhere, sometimes together.

Hi

I finished my MSc in electronic Communication and doing my PHD in digital design. I can tell you that Digital communication is a very wide area and it is much more interesting for research. However in terms of Career, Power electronics is very popular and there are lots of vacancies.

Samad

rizwanspirit

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I have not much knowledge about Digital Communication but I afraid that if I selected this subject i will be concidered as telecom specialized engineer and have to select subjects of communication instead of electronics in next semesters.help about this.

If you look from the opportunity point of view digital communication has more. moreover power is tough to learn. and nowadays there is a special branch of power electronics. hence according to me as an electronics student u should go for digital communication, it definitely have vast scope.

Do what you enjoy. The bottom line is you are an electrical engineer. The two fields are quite interesting. Power electronics is even much better if u combine with microprocessor systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.