Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Differentiator as Current Servo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanjaq

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible for an Active Differentiator to output Current proportional to a change in Input Voltage? So far all I've seen are Differentiators which have output in the form of Voltage, but I need to use the Current for downstream processes.

Thanks!

Hi simply construct a active differentiator and follow it with a voltage to current convertor.....

Hi simply construct a active differentiator and follow it with a voltage to current convertor.....

Is there a more direct method that does not involve additional op-amps? Specifically, a voltage differentiator which has push/pull current as output, using just 1 op-amp? I've seen op-amps used as precision current sources at low levels without the need for an external FET, but I'm not sure how it would look as a differentiator with gain.

What is the amount of current you needed, you can choose two opamps in single package, usually its rare to find a current output opamp because your feedback circuit and input works with voltage.

What is the amount of current you needed,

I would estimate a max of 15mA push/pull from the output, in response to a max of 150mV change on the input. I'm using the second half of my dual op-amp for a different purpose, so an ideal solution would use a single op-amp for the current-sourcing/sinking voltage differentiator stage.

Hi never a voltage differentiator could result you a in current terms you can try a quad opamp or a FET or a high voltage output with high series resistance which is impossible, and for your small output current the best choice could be another cascaded opamp...

Depending on the required accuracy - perhaps a passice C-R high pass followed by an OTA (voltage-in and current-out) will do?

Status
Not open for further replies.