Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Differential input to single-ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

booblik

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have a differential signal, around 1MHz frequency, and 3.3 volt. What would be the simplest way to turn it into a single-ended signal, which is to be fed to an ADC.

Thanks,

It depends. Is the signal high or low impedance? If low impedance then an opamp.

Keith

Don't ADC's normally have low input impedance (1 - 10k)?

The LF356 is a good general purpose OPAMP which you can use.

I was talking about the impedance of the signal source not the ADC. The input impedance of an ADC depends on the type of ADC. Generally you want to drive them with a low impedance.

If you signal source is high impedance then an instrumentation amplifier might be a better choice.

Keith

Why can't you just use a simple comparator.

love_analog said:
Why can't you just use a simple comparator.

Because a comparator doesn't turn differential analog signals into single ended!

Keith

oops sorry...I misread the question. Its single ended analog output not single ended differential output.

Added after 3 seconds:

oops sorry...I misread the question. Its single ended analog output not single ended digital output.

Added after 9 seconds:

oops sorry...I misread the question. Its single ended analog output not single ended digital output.

This have a very common design. You can goto OPA2134 datasheet and there are application circuit of diff to SE circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back