Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Different netlist produced from spectre and spectreS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamesh419

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

Why is it that the netlist produced by Spectre and SpectreS different for the same design and in what way they are different?

Thanks and Regards,
Kamesh.

SpectreS is the old version of netlist in cadence. Spectre is the new one.

So please use Spectre.

Yibin.

Thanks Yibin for your reply. I am trying to use Spectre now but I have the following problem.

I am trying to simulate a design. All works well with "spectreS" simulator, but when it comes to "spectre" then I get an error.

Error found by spectre during circuit read-in.
"input.scs" 8: Unable to open library file
`/opt/eda/xfab/spectre/xc06/xc06.scs'.
No such file or directory.

spectre terminated prematurely due to fatal error.

I am using XFAB 0.6u technology and the folder xc06 corresponds to that. I have checked that the library file xc06.scs file indeed does not exist.

Why is it that it works well with "spectreS" and not with "spectre". How could i make my design work for "spectre"? I am new to cadence.

Thanks in advance,
Kamesh

Added after 1 hours 42 minutes:

I have just checked out the documentaion. It has a link to X-FAB supported Design Programs. Here is the link to the screenshot.

**broken link removed**

Unfortunately "spectre" is no where to be found there. But i could find "spectreS". So i guess i have to work with spectreS. Any other suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back