Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Differences between Place and Route done in PKS and in First Encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.

guzhal

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

In the Physical Synthesis in PKS tool, i was able to synthesis my code and get the schematic and even the initial floorplan. Once the initial floorplan is over ,i am trying to add the power nets to the netlist using the command 'set_power_stripe_spec' , but it is giving error "power specs not valid , it will be ignored"...
Can anyone help in Place and Route in PKS .Also i want to know about the first encounter flow and how to do place and route in first encounter

Is there any difference in P&R done in PKS and First Encounter

Thanks in advance

:|

Place and Route

You can probably create a power spec in Encounter then take that spec back into PKS. I don't know how to do it in PKS. I assumed the flows went something like this:
Classic flow
Synthesis->Floorplanning->P&R->P&R optimization
Physially aware flow:
Initial floorplanning->Macro/block placement->PK Synthesis->P&R

Place and Route

power specs needs GLobal net information like VDD and VSS

Re: Place and Route

pls let me know where should i include the global nets in the PKS synthesis flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back