Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

difference btw OFDMA sub carriers and FFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

okubote

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone explain to me the difference btw OFDMA sub carriers and FFT?

how do i implement in matlab, how 1024 subcarriers are distributed/divided among three sub channelization with the pilot subcarrier in each of the sub channelization for 300 users?

I will really appreciate any help rendered. Thanks in advance

Can you please provide more info, what OFDMA standard are you talking? You need to know the pilot distribution, number of users, active and virtual carriers etc.

FFT is including data subcarriers, pilot subcarriers and null carriers. OFDMA subcarriers mean data subcarriers + pilot subcarriers.

okubote said:
can anyone explain to me the difference btw OFDMA sub carriers and FFT?

how do i implement in matlab, how 1024 subcarriers are distributed/divided among three sub channelization with the pilot subcarrier in each of the sub channelization for 300 users?

I will really appreciate any help rendered. Thanks in advance
Subcarrier belong to OFDM not to OFDMA. in OFDM at transmitter side, subcarriers are formed using IFFT and at receiver FFT process is used to recover it. OFDMA is the access technique of OFDM process.
If you find matlab code of Eric Cosby from somewhere, it will help you a lot. This code doesn't have pilots neither guard interval; but you can edit the code accordingly.
Your question of 300 users, seem to be about OFDMA; someone alse must answer it, i m not very sure about it.

Naveed

i am to implement or write a matlab code for 1024FFT, 10M bandwidth OFDMA FUSC subchannel configuration in 802.16e. the bandwidth is divided into 16 sub channels with each sub channel comprising of 48 sub carriers.

Your help will be highly appreciated. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back