Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference betwn .tf and .lef files

Status
Not open for further replies.

p_shinde

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,

is there any difference betwn .tf and .lef files?

which can be used where...?

in milkyway lib preparation.........do we have to use only .tf files only ...?

pls reply soon.

thanks!!
Prasad

Re: tf and lef

Hi prasad,
The tf file is totally different from lef files. tf files are technology files which contains all the drc rules of various metal layers and via like min spacing, width etc.

Lef file contains physical information of the any block or std cells etc. we can use lef file for physical dimension with gds while preparing the mdb for that block or standard cells.

Thanks

Regards
Shankar

tf and lef

Excuse me, shankar:
I think you have some mistake. LEF file can contain two part : tech infomation and MACRO infomation. What you talk about LEF is only one part of LEF's desription, the MACRO part. And another part the tech.lef which contains the basic process infomation is mostly the same as tf file and is usually provided by foundary in a seperated file.

i agree with suit...lef files of 0.13um which i saw ...has 2 different files one for resistance and cap...values of all different layers...and other lef file for macros.....

if anyone knows more....pls post it...

thanks!!!
Prasad

All,
There is Techonology LEF & Macro Lef
The Tech-lef contains process info (ie: met1 Width & space & construct of vias)
the macro lef contains the "abstract" of the layout leaf cell.
(Usually looks like Met1 with Pin & blocking data included)
Have fun !
Colin

p_shinde said:
hello,

is there any difference betwn .tf and .lef files?

which can be used where...?

in milkyway lib preparation.........do we have to use only .tf files only ...?

pls reply soon.

thanks!!
Prasad

Always use .tf to generate your milkyway library, there may be some lef compatable issue, and another important things is that in the tf file, there are not only technology information, but also TLU.

go for .tf, write a simple perl script to extract the antenna information from lef file and load it back into milkyway database.

LEF is Library Exchange Format
TF is Technology File

LEF is descript IO Macro stand cell infomation and all layout infrmation
TF is descript a library information include layer rule user define process and system information

LEF is stand format Let you use diffent Tools

Alcohol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back