Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

difference between the two Resonant circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayowazzup

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I was wondering when we would use the circuit with the resistor and when to use the one with capacitor.

resonant.JPG

The one with the resistor will exhibit a damped oscillation, and the one with the capacitor has no damping. As to when you use one or the other, that depends upon what you are trying to accomplish with the circuit. You tell me. :???:

hayowazzup,

I was wondering when we would use the circuit with the resistor and when to use the one with capacitor.

In the first place, neither of those circuits is resonant at 1000 Hz. You would have to crank up the frequency to 50329 for that to happen. Neither of those circuits will decay because they are driven by a voltage source. The impedance of the first circuit at 1000 Hz is R+0.0629j, and the second circuit is -15.8526j . You will have to decide where to use them.

Ratch

Status
Not open for further replies.