Status
Not open for further replies.

narayanb

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What are the chances that ADS simmulations does not match with the actual measured results?
Got this problem when i designed a meander antenna in layout and simulated using momentum. A very prominent resonance appears at 200 MHz, which is completely missing in the measured results...
The antenna operating frequency is 200-800 MHz, designed to resonate around 300 MHz

Re: Difference between simulation and measured results in AD

Hai,

The substrate dielectric constant may vary depends on manufacturer for a example if u take FR-4 substrate its dielectric constant may vary from 4.2 to 4.6 so the resonant frequency shifted to some other band.

The connector should be properly soldered.....

Some - for a 2% microstrip filter I made, I had to fabricate several copies of the design at slightly different frequencies. Of course, I was also seeing an effect from lid height, too. It does seem odd for there to be a strong resonance, though - I agree with Jamesanton that improperly attached connectors can cause some weird problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…