Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference between MIMO and SISO

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhotix

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ultiple-output (MIMO) communication system compared with a single-input single-output system. Kindly post your replies oriented towards physical layer issues, such as bandwidth efficiency, Shannon capacity etc

I believe this white paper will explain the differences between MIMO and SISO. I find it to be very useful when I have to explain the difference between MIMO and SISO. If you look at Figure 1 of the white paper it displays a graph relating to spectral efficiency and signal to noise. Basically a 1x1 mimo (or siso) requires a high signal to noise ratio for increased data rate. This is totally different than a 4x4 mimo system where you can get higher data rates with much not so good signal to noise ratio. Other mimo scenarios are shown in the graph as well.

https://www.ll.mit.edu/publications/journal/pdf/vol15_no1/15_1mimo.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back