Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

difference between chip clock frequency (MHz) and radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nora

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
chip clock frequency

Hello-
I need help with my confused concept.
A microprocessor is defined as running at 8MHz because of its crystal.
A radio transmitter has a label on it 70MHz.
What is the difference?
Thanks!
N_N

radio clock chip

Hi Nora,

The microprocessor derives its internal clock (8MHz) from the crystal.
The transmitter should contain a PLL (with VCO) that is used to translate the
baseband data at 70MHz.

I hope this helps.

Best regards

frequency mhz

Thanks- but is it one word for two meanings?
Nora

radio mhz chip

HI

A crystal oscillator is an electronic circuit that uses the mechanical resonance of a vibrating crystal of piezoelectric material to create an electrical signal with a very precise frequency. This frequency is commonly used to keep track of time (as in quartz wristwatches), to provide a stable clock signal for digital integrated circuits, and to stabilize frequencies for radio transmitters and receivers. The most common type of piezoelectric resonator used is the quartz crystal, so oscillator circuits designed around them were called "crystal oscillators".

I hope u got it.................

frequency difference clock

I don't see different meanings of frequency in both cases. It designates cycles per second either.

These are primarly different applications of high frequency signals. But you have to consider the application details to understand, what frequency means in particular.

Nora,
Frequency has exactly the same meaning (cycles per second) in both cases.
Regards,
Kral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back