Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

difference between avant! slow.db and fast.db

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakko

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
TSMC .13u Library

Can anyone tell me the difference between avant! slow.db and fast.db. More specifically, which one to use for synthesis and which for layout? I can't find good reference to this in tsmc documents! Does tsmc have a document to explain this?

Thanks for any help.
:(

slow.db is for checking setup time. fast.db is for checking hold time.
when you synthesize , you shouls choose slow.db. after synthesize, you fix hold time using fast.db.

rakko said:
Can anyone tell me the difference between avant! slow.db and fast.db. More specifically, which one to use for synthesis and which for layout? I can't find good reference to this in tsmc documents! Does tsmc have a document to explain this?

Thanks for any help.

Hello,

slow.db means your design is runing at a worst case environment, i.e. high temperature, low voltage while fast.db means a best case where low temperature and high voltage. Process issues also play a part.

Generally speaking, circuits with fast run faster than those with slow.

What Patrick Li tells is right, too.

Best,

philewar

apart from slow and fast they have typical lib. also. to be safe, you can synthesis and run simulation with all the 3 lib. to ensure that timing is met.

Re: TSMC .13u Library

rakko said:

Thanks for any help.

slow.db is low power, hight temperature, checking setup time by primetime . fast.db is hight power low temperature, checking hold time when static time analisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back