Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

diference between picoammeter and electrometer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

misha82

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is a picoammeter

can somebody tell me the basic difference between the principle of electrometer and picoammeter?

what is the difference between the ion-current and electron-current?

-misha

what is a picoammeter?

pls reply somebody.its really urgent.thanx

misha82,
An electrometer is a device for measuring electric charge. In its most basic form, it consists of 2 pieces of metal foil.
~
A picoammeter is a device for measuring low amplitude current.
~
Both electron current and ion current are measures of flow of charge. The only difference is whether ions (charged atoms/molecules) or electrons are the vehicle for carrying the charge.
Regards,
Krasl

Added after 16 minutes:

misha82,
In the 3rd paragrph of my previous reply, please change "flow of charge" to "rate of flow of charge".
Regards,
Kral

hi
in electro meter you measure the electrical charge thta flow in shape of electrons
an ampere meter is as same that describe abve for measuring the low amplitude current.
while the ions current is the current that we measure in liquid having salts as much salts involve the ions are more and more flow of current occurs so the ions current is directly propotional its also a flow of charge but regards to the ionic strength in liquids.

The fundamental difference between an electrometer and a picoammeter is this:
An electrometer measures charge.
A picoammeter measures rate of change of charge, which is current.
Regards,
Kral

thanx a lot to all of u. ur ans is somewhat similar to what i was thinking.thanx a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back