Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[DFT PreSim] Scan pre-simulation chain/serial10/parallel questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

htt830105

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Seniors,

I use TMAX/VCS to do ATPG/Simulation, in which the MAX Testbench is performed.
The Chain/Serial10/Parallel simulation are used as sign-off cases as well.
I know how to do it, but to get a better understanding, I list some questions in the following, plz :)

1. Can anyone explain "parallel simulation" in advanced? (Yeap, I know parallel simulation means forcing shift value to register directly by simulator, and then measure it)
But it's abstract, can u explain it by using "waveform" or "protocol" format plus circuit?

2. What's the meaning of "parallel scan load" shown in simulation log file?

3. What's "n-shift" in parallel pattern? Why we need this? Can u explain it by using some chart with timing concept?

4. Where is the "forcing" procedure in maxtestbench? Since Max Testbench often confused me. If u can explain Max Testbench more detail, it's better.

5. Plz provide some useful materials related to these questions if u can. Many thanks!

Regards,

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back