Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Devide frequency into 3 using AHDL or Verilog HDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaiHoa

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If i want to get 8.33MHz frequency from 25MHz frequency, how can i do when I'm using AHDL or Verilog HDL :(

Hi,
simply an @always posedge clock block where you count an reg from 0 to 2 an then toggle clock_slow (clock_slow=~clock_slow).

Now you can use clock_slow as your 8Mhz Clock...

regards
salamander

salamander said:
Hi,
simply an @always posedge clock block where you count an reg from 0 to 2 an then toggle clock_slow (clock_slow=~clock_slow).

Now you can use clock_slow as your 8Mhz Clock...

...which isn't 8.33MHz at all but input frequency/6 (o;

...and if you weren't too lazy searching here in this forum you would have come up easily with:

Code:
// Divide by 3 module
//

module divide(
	CLK,
	DIV3
);

input	CLK;
	output	DIV3;

reg	cnt_a, cnt_b;

always @ (posedge CLK)
	begin
		cnt_a <= ~cnt_a & ~cnt_b;

cnt_b <= cnt_a;
	end

assign	DIV3 = cnt_b;

endmodule

xilinx has a application noet on it.
u can generate many odd freq using it.
hock

I`m sorry for mistake :oops:

Clock Divider with 50/50 Duty

who can decompress the file?
i use winrar3.

I use winzip 9.0, and it can decompress it.

If you want to get any given frequency from a source you can use DDS (Direct Digital Synthisis.) That is if you dont have a PLL already. I assume that you are using Altera parts as you mention AHDL if you have a cyclone then there should be some PLLs on board so problem solved.
DDS has the problem of phase jitter these numbers would have some serious jitter problems I think.

there is a pdf fine from st micro-electronics. That is an excellent note on how to divide clock with 50% duty cycle and you can divide with odd numbers also. search net for pdf file st clock divider. this is patented one.

silencer3 said:
there is a pdf fine from st micro-electronics. That is an excellent note on how to divide clock with 50% duty cycle and you can divide with odd numbers also. search net for pdf file st clock divider. this is patented one.

Where PDF :?:

Here are two pdf files for unusual clock dividers : excellen

download the tar file and install. you get two pdf files giving excellent clock dividing methods

enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back