Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Device address for the EEPROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaswat

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As a beginner I just start reading from the I2C protocols and stuck in a point. The part in which I am confused is how to know the device address of the EEPROM. Lets say that I have to write/read a data from the chip then how do I know that the what is the device address ?? I already checked on web but I do not get the solution. Any help would be appreciated

Which EEPROM you are using??

M24256-125 eeprom....

As shown in picture there is clearly mention regarding device address. As E2,E1,E0 are the address lines. means if you are using same EEPROM then
you have to configure the this address of each EEPROM.
If you are using single then ground all pins. so address will be
for write adress will be 0xA0
for read adress will be 0xA1
EEPROM_DS_PAGE_11.PNG

Thanks for the asnwer but we are using A0 for both reading and writing the data. That thing I didn't getting and even you also mention.

which address you used that is you given vcc then use 1 instead of 0 in address byte.

we are using A0 for both reading and writing the data.
May be you have put in device address 0xA0 somewhere in your code. But you can be sure that the address byte send to the I2C at the begin of a read cycle will be 0xA1. Actually the LSB isn't part of the 7-Bit address, it's the R/W bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back