Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing pre-emplifer using LM358N for condenser microphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp_freak

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lm358n

Hi there,

I have to desing a pre-emplifier for condeser microhpone.. however i did some reaserach and form our board help i was able to get the microphone and LM358 ,8 pin IC.. now my problem is..i knw some basic of Op-amp so i knw how to design the amplifier .. i desing in it and i was able to amlify dc signal from the generator however i tried to do with mic. doesnt work.. can some1 who knws about mic can give me refrence design or something... so i can amplify the signal.. from my mic. there are two ouptus basical ground and signal.. and i have LM358N... 8-pin will be gr8 help if some1 can help me down here..

lm358n diy circuit

Condenser microphones require additional dc power. Usually it (the power) is fed through a resistor ..
See examples here:
https://www.epanorama.net/circuits/microphone_powering.html

Below you can find a microphone pre-amplifier based on an opamp (in your case it can be LM358) with frequency correction and power for condenser microphones (R1) ..

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.