Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing power supply0-30V 1A using transistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active_MAN

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
designin power supply

i would like to desing a power supply 0-30V 1A using transistors for my course project so i need any clue n any help and i wanna design my own power supply thnz 4 ur help..!!!!!!in Advance.

Re: designin power supply

Hi...

u need only an schematic..other u can do for ur own?
U want used an SMPS or linear regulator...worst case u have 30W Powerlost ,if u shorted output

Willi

Re: designin power supply

Simplest way of doing it is using a LM317. You didn´t mention protection, regulation, efficiency, etc.. Couldn´t help without this info. Please google for " 30V variable power suplly" and you´ll find many circuits.

designin power supply

right , using LM317 is a good way if u need 1 o/p voltage terminal ,

controlling the of the LM317 is done by 2 resistors , so u can make of them a variable resistance ,
and i think (with some calculations to know the values) that will make u change the voltage freely from 1.2v to 37v ,

if u want definite voltage values u can make one resistor constant , and place different resistors for each voltage u want , u can change between them using headers for example , or a selector like the avometer.(i don't know if it is sold by its own )

Status
Not open for further replies.