Not open for further replies.

er.satish

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
respected sir,

m a beginner in designing artificial magnetic conductor(metamaterials).i have some knowledge bout using IE3D also.

i wanna ask if it is possible to design fractals on amc using superNEC ?
b'coz latest versions of superNEC doesnt allow for dielectric other than air.

thanx in advance:smile:

Look up "High Impedance Surface" in the literature...same thing but a more common name. There is a ton of stuff to get you going...think Sievenpiper Any Integral Equation software is going to be limiting as they do not handle dielectrics well...I suggest HFSS as there is a full writeup on this topic from determining Block diagrams to dispersion curves.

later

There is a provision in HFSS for magnetic materials/multiple dielectrics and you can simulate currents as well as fields. You can also specify custom aspects in a material. HFSS is a better option as it provides much better features in your case.

hiiii...
i agree HFSS will provide me solutions but there is some reason for which i have to pursue this thing in IE3D itself...
please guide me how to start up with AMC designing...i have to design a 4*4 mushroom type amc

thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…