Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design vehicle tracking device

Status
Not open for further replies.

cve0x0

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to create an Arduino based vehicle tracking device which will be moved into a production board without Arduino later. Right now I have a few questions:

• What GPS module should I use for a best result (little time to fix from a cold start and high accuracy locations)? It will be good if support GLONASS. I want to detect when the car is turning (using HMC5983). I've bought Ublox NEO-6M GPS module and tested it into the car, but it cannot find a location.
  • What MCU I should buy? I also want to communicate with OBD II port of vehicle over the CAN protocol (using MCP2551 + MCP2515). For now i choose ATMega328.
  • How to power all elements ?

PS: Data from the vehicle and the GPS locations will be send over GPRS with SIM800l module.

Cheers :wink:

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.