Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design of this filter plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

citizen

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi to all any one the design for the cavity filter as shown in figure
if any one is there plz ans this?
'thank you

looks like a triplexer. Looks like each individual filter uses a coaxial line for non-adjacent coupling to increase rejection.

Added after 15 seconds:

looks like a triplexer. Looks like each individual filter uses a coaxial line for non-adjacent coupling to increase rejection.

hi

it is the cavity filter with resonator inside ,
if any one have directions for that filter ?????????
thank you

Hi

The filter design procedure for inline non-iris coupling can be obtained in a nice document by peter martin from rfshop.au website. Just search for it on web and you will get it.

The excel worksheet gives the coupling bandwidths for each resonator pairs. You can then simulate just a pair of resonators with iris opening in between in an eigen mode solver to get the coupling bandwidths and then the dimension of iris opening can be altered to get the final dimension. This procedure can be repeated for all the required coupling bandwidths and then the final filter can be simulated with all the required irises.

The resonator lengths can be selected appropriately (around 45 to 60 degrees is the norm). The rods which are visible in the picture is actually a cross coupling to obtain transmission zeros. The coupling matrix required for obtained this can be obtained from guidedwavetech.com.

If you need some more details I'll be glad to help as even I'm working in this field from the past 1 year.

Thanks

thank you for your response,

the details u have given know i will checkit out , but one thing thst i dont have 3 d simulator for the simulation purpose
can you suggess me the 3-d simulator which is useful and also the cost of that software, my frnd toldme the hfss , but how much memory it required i dont know and cost also main ctreteria, so that i can ask in my company for the purchase proposal,
other wise tell me any other soft ware which is cheap and good... if possible only

thank you

hi,

HFSS or microwave CST studio are the best choice, but they are too costly (around Rs. 20-30 lacs, INR).
why can't you try for alternatives like collabaration with other small/medium scale companies or with Educational instituitions which have this softwarez. i think with colleges it works well. you can also try with student version/trail version or any old versions available in the net.
Minimum memory required for HFSS is 512MB RAM, but better to have 1GB or more, so that time required for simulation can be reduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.