Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of shaped-beam antennas through minimax gain optimiza

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalila

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
smart antenna-antenna diversity

how to design a smart antenna for mobile phone?

basic of smart antenna

...very interesting research topic ... i think is too difficult to implement a smart antenna in the mobile due to the restrictions on size an power consumption (PA + DSP)
however take a look to:

Design of Diversity Antennas for Mobile Telephones
Rowell & Murch
ISRP 97

it's a design based on two PIFA antennas, you can find it on citeseer: h**p://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/

waiting for experts suggestions :)

regards

why smart antenna is a good topic

smart antennas need much technology of software about arithmetic,so it is difficult to design!!

project on smart antenna algorithm

thanx niwhawk n wf6797, this is my final year project title, and my lecturer wants me to design microstrip patch antenna for mobile phone that is smart, like can adapt with different polarization, any more suggestions?

smart antenna microstrip

Hi dalila,

look at microwave journal (I think the web version is free if you register)for some already available ideals. I have seen it in several issues but I can't remember which ones?

Not much help but could be a starting point.

Cheers,
Element7k

dalila said:
thanx niwhawk n wf6797, this is my final year project title, and my lecturer wants me to design microstrip fix antenna for mobile phone that is smart, like can adapt with different polarization, any more suggestions?

smart antenna on mobile phone

I would try cross ploarize antennas. you will have two uncorrelated antennas. Do you have to implement the algorithm also? If so, I can give you a review paper on this topic.

smart antenna on mobile

interest topic

warning #6 (no comment) /eirp

smart antennas on mobile phone

hi dalila:

I think this paper can be useful to you:
"An Overview of Smart Antenna Technology for Mobile Communications Systems"
Lehne et al
IEEE Communications Surveys
h**p://www.comsoc.org/livepubs/surveys/public/4q99issue/lehne.html

...like it establishes, one can define "levels of intelligence":

-Switched lobe (SL): This is also called switched beam. It is the simplest technique, and comprises only a basic switching function between separate directive antennas or predefined beams of an array. The setting that gives the best performance, usually in terms of received power, is chosen. Because of the higher directivity compared to a conventional antenna, some gain is achieved. Such an antenna will be easier to implement in existing cell structures than the more sophisticated adaptive arrays, but it gives a limited improvement.
-Dynamically phased array (PA): By including a direction of arrival (DoA) algorithm for the signal received from the user, continuous tracking can be achieved and it can be viewed as a generalization of the switched lobe concept. In this case also, the received power is maximized.
-Adaptive array (AA): In this case, a DoA algorithm for determining the direction toward interference sources (e.g., other users) is added. The radiation pattern can then be adjusted to null out the interferers. In addition, by using special algorithms and space diversity techniques, the radiation pattern can be adapted to receive multipath signals which can be combined. These techniques will maximize the signal to interference ratio (SIR) (or signal to interference and noise ratio (SINR)).

Conventional mobile systems usually employ some sort of antenna diversity (e.g., space or polarization diversity).

...so, the question is: what level of intelligence are you targeting?

If you just want use polarization diversity (antenna diversity) I think that the first paper must be that you are looking for

yet waiting for experts opinion

best regards :)

smart antenna in mobile phone

boy said:
I would try cross ploarize antennas. you will have two uncorrelated antennas. Do you have to implement the algorithm also? If so, I can give you a review paper on this topic.

hmm.. that's good! when can u gimme the review paper? i really appreciate it, thanx!! :wink:

smart antenna for mobilephone

thanx ninhawk, btw i've already got the paper, about the level of intelligence, i don't set any target, if possible i wanna do all kind of intellegince defined, now i'm in the phase of studying the microstrip patch antenna, then moving to array.

smart antenna in mobilephone

I have the same question about DBF in tracking radar using monopulse,which book or paper should i read first,thans for your advice.

Best regards!

smartantenna

dalila, are you going to design and fabricate the smart antenna? or design only?

final year project on antenna tracking

Hi All

Hopefully this link could help.

**broken link removed**

Thank you

smart antenna model 1010

I am working on Smart Antenna in CDMA, I need some pepers about thiscategory and CDMA environment smart antennas. one of them

S. Choi and D. Shim, “A novel adaptation beamforming algorithm for a
smart antenna system in a CDMA mobile communication environment,”
IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 49, pp. 1793-1806, Sept. 2000.

Can you send it to me?

Added after 1 minutes:

my emai:bargh_fk@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.