Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of DC bias network in GHz range

Status
Not open for further replies.

winglj

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, everyone. I am wondering how to design the DC bias network for varactor in GHz range. I saw many literatures using the radial stub with a very narrow microstrip line as the bias pads. Anyone has some recommendation references of this type of DC bias network and any other topologies? Thanks.

How many GHz and bandwidth are we talking about here? Did you consider a simple 0603 10-47k resistor?

winglj

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi, rfmw.
The desired frequency is about 2GHz.
Can you give me some layout/circuit example for using the 0603 resistor?

I think the most difficult part is the RF choke for the DC bias, I tried the 0804 440nH inductor as the RF choke, but it seems the isolation between the DC feed to the RF port is still too low.

If your application is sufficiently narrowband, you can use quarter wave lines
to form a bias tee. See the example given in **broken link removed**

One quarter wave line is used as an RF choke to keep RF out of the bias network.
The other line prevents the bias network from loading the RF signal.

winglj

V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back