Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of a High Gain microstrip array antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

sargol3403

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
high gain microstrip array

Hi All,
I want design and simulate a microstrip array antenna with these specifications:
1) Frequency : 5 GHz - 6 GHz
2) Gain : 25 dB - 27 dB
3) Polarization : Linear (diagonal)
4) Max Dimension : 50 cm * 50 cm
How many patches should be used?
What Type of Substrate is better?
Can the CST MWS software simulate it?
Plz Guide me.
Thanks

sajidmiya

hi since you dont have restricitions on bandwidth.this will be much more easy.since a perfectly matched patch shud give you around 5.6 to 6.2 dB increasing the size doubles the gain
for two patches it shud be an average of 9 db and when u place them in plannar array u shud get 12 dB and when u double it making it 4*4 makes it 15 dB and as u keep on .you gain will increase but since mutual coupling kicks in due to increase in the number of elements the resonant frequency keep changing but since you have a band of frequenices to work it shudnt be a big deal.
i would recommend you to go rogers 5880 εr=2.2 20 mil.coz this substrate has the lowest loss tangent.

if you have any furhter questions let me know.here's my id:sajidmiya@yahoo.com
hit me up may be if i have sometime i will do a sample for ya.

regards
sajid mohammed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back