Design of a 10kW Inverter for a fuel cell

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a high power inverter project on the internet. The author described how it almost set his home on fire!

Orson Cart, can i start it with 5*745 watt inverter ? why not you be my senior ?:razz:

---------- Post added at 16:29 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

okay let me make it this way, instead setting my house on fire, could you guys guide me how i can run 5hp 3phase motor from 200ah 48V battery bank?
initially i was thinking after 3 months or so, i can charge this 48v battery bank through solar pv panels.

if you're serious about this project i will be your guide then just get started and you will attract talented people willing to donate their time to give you good feedback.
start with defining your inputs/outputs voltage levels necessary functions etc.
then experiment with topology using matlab/simulink. then move to PSpice for detail design.
i suspect this process will take 3 months if you are dedicated. first prototype will be about $200 in parts & PCB fab.

i have some interest myself. i would like to design a motor drive for a golf cart that can spin the kick up some dust

Mr.Cool

Mr son-in-law who is an EE Prof at U of T has the IP for a design of a 10KW inverter with 98% effic, but those damn fast recovery diodes are darn expensive. I believe it is patent pending.

98% is not easy to achieve at 10kw. i was able to do it at 50kw, but only with silicon carbide material inside custom built IGBT, 20kHz switching. expensive... but possible. that was 3 years ago. at 40kHz it was also possible (silicon carbide = fast diode recovery with no loss), but efficiency dropped a bit due to IGBT losses, though the weight/volume of inverter system dropped substantially

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…