Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of 180 degree phase shift power divider problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnyfunghy

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
180 degree phase shifter

Hi everyone
I am doing a power divider with 180 degree phase shifter. However, I try very best to do but fail to make 180 degree phase shift in the frequency range between 3GHz and 8GHz. Can anyone tell me what's wrong in my design. I am using HFSS version 10. Thank you

airbox power divider

I think u can design it easily using IE3D. It is very simple...
I dont know its design in HFSS...
there is a library(Component) for 180 hybrid power divider

180 divider

harman16 said:
I think u can design it easily using IE3D. It is very simple...
I dont know its design in HFSS...
there is a library(Component) for 180 hybrid power divider

So, where is the library component for 180 hybrid power divider? Can you post it? Besides, I don't know how to use IE3D. So I must HFSS to design it. Can anyone can help me. Thank you

180 degree divider

Where are your waveports? I can't see them and I think you defined them wrong.

180° divider

shlomo22 said:
Where are your waveports? I can't see them and I think you defined them wrong.

I use lumped port

When I opened the file in HFSS, the listing on the left said Waveport, I'm pretty sure.

shlomo22 said:
When I opened the file in HFSS, the listing on the left said Waveport, I'm pretty sure.

Sorry, but I open it, it is lump port.

Hmm, yeah, not sure what I was smoking.

Anyway, it was confusing to me that your structure is *below* the ground plane not above it. Since the copper forms a nearly perfect conductor, there is no need for an air box above it. You can delete all that air and instead put it below the microstrip, where there is only a little bit of air now and more is needed. That might solve the problem.

You only need an airbox where there will be fields. Above the copper plane there will be no fields; below the strip there will be significant fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back