Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design Kit in ADS - S-parameters at 2.4 GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfndmw

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
nec transistors ads design kit

I am trying to design an amplifier at 2.4 GHz using NE4210S01 HJ FET...the problem is the data sheet does not have the S-paameters for this frequency..though it does for 2 and 2.5 GHz...I have downloaded the design kit...do i need to use the spice model file again in ADS and how do I go about obtaining the S-parameters at 2.4 GHz..I also need to design a mixer at the same frequency using the same transistor..and I have the non-linear model on the datasheet...is it taken care of when I use a design kit...and also...the S-parameters in the file in design kit are not the same as those on the datasheet...so I am not really sure which ones to use...any help would be appreciated...thnks

Design Kit in ADS

Just read about the design kit installation procedure from the manual and do the same.
it is simple.
You can get the demo design kit under example projects.

Design Kit in ADS

Hi rfndmw
you can use the model kit for your design.
since this is non linear model it will be needed for mixer simulation.
use this
**broken link removed**

offcourse the simulated S parameters will not match exactly with datasheet.
but they will be close.

Added after 7 minutes:

or you can create your own model using datasheet.
but i think NE3210S01 is same as NE4210S01.
confirm.

Re: Design Kit in ADS

thnx for the reply..but perhaps I did not phrase my query correctly...I have already downloaded and installed the design kit....all i want to know is about the non-linear model that has been given on the data sheet..do I have to place the components for the equivalent model in the schematic or is that model taken care of since I am using a design kit..since I dnt have to import the spice model or anything as I'm using the design kit...does the same apply for the non-linear model...I hope I'm guaging this correctly...if not, any suggestion would be welcome...thnk u

your guess is correct :D
no need to add anything.
Kit take care of everything.
Only one thing I want to mention, i hope you have noticed
NEC model kit do not define Noise parameters for transistors.
but still you can verify.

thnx a ton fr the reply...I had gttn thoroughly confused aftr reading about importing spice models and s-parameter files for correct simulation...I can now proceed with matching etc. without worrying abt non-linear modelling and stuff...thnx agn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back