Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design calculations of coax fed microstrip antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baranidaran

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Can you please provide me the formulae of design calculations for coax fed microstrip antenna?

Thanks.

Hello Barani,

There are many ways to feed a microstrip antenna via coaxial cable (or microstrip) and you have many varieties.

Do you have in mind a probe fed half wave resonating square/rectangular/circular patch (fed from 50 Ohms coaxial cable)? If so there are many examples on the web. Note that the actual size of the antenna will depend on dielectrics, accaptable loss and required bandwidth.

If you try to understand some of the basics of this type of antenna, you just need a few iterative simulation steps to get a design working If (good) circular polarization is required, you will need some more time.

I want to design a coaxial feed microstrip antenna.
I need a detailed design steps including the formula which can help me to find antenna's length, width, gain, etc as well as feed location.

Pls help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back