Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design a suitble filter for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

IICCEE

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The first you must specific your filter to meet the system.
Then seletor the type of the filter SAW,dielect,cavity,planar.
the diference type of filter cause diferenc result.

Third in put the orginal data,and opt,and make a yield;
Verify it with the EM softwre.

After you wait for tuning the filer.

The sythesis tool such as genesy/s filter solution MWO'filter design SER from ansof may be used.

In the wireless sysrem such as the GSM,the cross coupled filter was widely used.

some for linear phase filter.

In microwave assembly such as the fire control radar transmitter upconverter module, we could use design such as coaxial combline filter, or microstrip / stripline filter. Very often, the interface transition design of the filter with external circuits play critical in the filter performance such as out-of-band rejection.

Important note is to ensure continuity of ground (between filter body and the assembly housing). You could use good grade conductive epoxy to achieve good grounding.

For microwave printed filter, always consider the housing wall as part of the filter design (these walls can acts to propagate certain waveguide modes, degrading your filter rejection. Use EM simulator to simulate its effect.

by the way,I think there are three book more praticable.They are:
R.W. Rhea, HF Filter Design and Computer Simulation. Atlanta, GA: Noble, 1994, p. 321.

it could be find from the soft of GENESYS/help(dir)

I. Hunter, Theory and Design of Microwave Filters. London, U.K.: IEE Press, 2001.

G. L. Matthaei, L. Young, and E. M. T. Jones, Microwave Filters,Impedance-Matching Networks and Coupling Structures. New York:McGraw-Hill, 1964.

Where can I find this book(G. L. Matthaei, L. Young, and E. M. T. Jones, Microwave Filters,Impedance-Matching Networks and Coupling Structures. New York:McGraw-Hill, 1964.)? Please tell me!!!

Hi kunkun_5201314.
U can find it at:
**broken link removed**
Bests.

the book is quite pratice,now it has new version.(3nd)
this book give some filter design,struture,tuning skill detail.
and there is a good paper about filter measurement.

This book(at **broken link removed**) is a scaned version, and big size(need 63 points).
Who can upload new version(3nd)?

Status
Not open for further replies.