Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design a on off switch to turn on a LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcheng03

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a quiz question. I have p-channel and n-channel bipolar transistor, resistor, a LED, 2 tact push buttons, power source.
Need to design a circuit when i press the On button once and release, the LED will turn on. When I press the Off button once and release the LED will turn off?
Any idea? Please help?

jcheng03 said:
I have a quiz question. I have p-channel and n-channel bipolar transistor, resistor, a LED, 2 tact push buttons, power source.
Need to design a circuit when i press the On button once and release, the LED will turn on. When I press the Off button once and release the LED will turn off?
Any idea? Please help?

You should try this simple basic circuit, it use an pnp and a pnp bipolar transistor.
Bipolar transistors don't have channel!

jcheng03

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for your help. However, it looks like this will work if the keys are permenantly switch on/off. if we use the push button tact STSP momentary switch. It fails to work? Please advise or any other comments??

jcheng03 said:
Thanks for your help. However, it looks like this will work if the keys are permenantly switch on/off. if we use the push button tact STSP momentary switch. It fails to work? Please advise or any other comments??

Sorry for the symbol that I used for S1 and S2.
S1 and S2 are buttons not switches.

stefano

The quiz question is to use the tact push button STSP, when press once and release, so only one pulse generated. How to design this? like a state machine???
Flip flip like?? any idea???

Circuit suggested by Stefano does exactly that: one short positive pulse on the START and the LED is ON, one short pulse on the STOP and the LED goes OFF ..

Regards,
IanP

After i carefully review the circult, I understand now. Thanks again. I like this site very much....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back