Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dependence of P1dB and IIP3 on number of fingers of the Transistor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circuits

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I have few questions related to linearity of LNA:

a) How does the 1 dB compression point and IIP3 point changes with the number of fingers in the transistor?
I am using 400um transistor. Without adding any number of fingers, P1dB is -22dBm and IIP3 -14.6dBm. But when I changed it to , 14 fingers with 10um /finger my P1dB improved to -15dBm and IIP3 became -17dBm?

b) Second question is : Is it really necessary to have exactly 9dB difference between P1dB and IIP3 point ? As I understand it is for single transistor. I am using cascode structure. If both P1dB and IIP3 points are equal , then what are the disadvantages? Is P1dB=IIP3 acceptable ?

c) what is criterion for choosing the number of fingers and the size of the fingers ?

d) Does IIP3 depend on input matching ?

Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back