Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Demodulator circuit problem at high frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel20048

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I try simulate demodulator based on full wave. The carrier frequency is 8MHz, Amplitude 1V. The modulated signal frequency is 100Khz, level is 100mV.
I attach my schematics (simulation created by LTSPICE,), and waveform at de-modulator output.(Zoom out and zoom in)

The input signal is differential and U4 modify it to single ended, this is vout1.
Vout2 is the output of the full wave demodulator comprised of U1,U3, and you can see the signal is distorted.
I use LTC6247, gbw=180MHz, slew rate is 90V/us.
So I think the decvice fit.
The diodes are BAT54.
At lower frequency (Carrier frequency=0.8MHz) VOUT2 look O.K.
Please advise if this is circuit problem or devices selection.

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• Schematics.GIF
    Schematics.GIF
    188 KB · Views: 124
  • Waveform zoom in.GIF
    Waveform zoom in.GIF
    35.1 KB · Views: 120
  • Waveform zoom out.GIF
    Waveform zoom out.GIF
    73.7 KB · Views: 117

It seems that you forgot a 500 ohm resistor between ground and noninverting input of U3 (expected noninverting gain is 1 and not 2).

It seems that you forgot a 500 ohm resistor between ground and noninverting input of U3 (expected noninverting gain is 1 and not 2).

Hi, I tried add the resistor- it didn't help.
U3 work as differential amplifier for the signals from U1, so adding this 500 ohm resistor between ground and non-inverting input of U3 will not help.
I also can say that Vout2 look better when decrease the frequencies (FC,FM) by 10 factor.
Anyway the LTC6247 and the BAT54 diode should work at 7MHz!
Dan

I don't understand what you exactly mean with distorted signal. Which waveform do you expect at the rectifier output?

A demodulator should have a filter that removes the carrier frequency residuals at the output. Where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back