Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

delay time to rotate stepper motor in 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratti

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what will be the delay time to rotate stepper motor in 8051 microcntroller to rotate 1 degree in 1 step.actually i want to rotate 1 degree in 1 minute.please help me for this calculation.

the delay between the commands determines the step time . assuming this is a standard stepper motors with 1.8degree/ step . the smallest change you can rotate (unless you are microstepping which is very difficult and needs alot of work process) is 1.8degree . so to achive speed of 1.8 degree / minute , use delay of 1minute very simple.

another opinion if you have to use 1 degree / minute exactly you will have to read about half stepping in which you can acheive 0.9 degree / step also delay time is 1 minute .

make sure to check motor current , sometimes steppers overheat so some reasons etc....

hope that helps

thankyou for your valuable information.can i use half step in bipolar stepper motor also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back