Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

delay, slots... simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamas888

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello

I’m simulating body sensor network’s MAC protocols. I know the channel rate it’s 40kbps and I also know the long of packet it’s 150 bit. I can calculate the time of transmission one packet, it was about 0.00375s. I know the distance between the transceiver and the receiver; d.

Which amounts should I use when I’m use interference model? I mean I add 0.00375s to time of beginning of transmission and if another node does it on the same time I drop away the packet.. but what about the channel delay? How can or can I calculate it? and how can simulation the channel delay, time of transmission and interference in one model

all help is good me!

Somebody can help me?
Of course the situation same in many cases...
Tamas

If you know the channel response, you always convolve the data stream with it and that's it, this will include ISI and delay.
If you simulate by transmitting packet by packet, then you have to convolve every packet with a causal channel, save the extra tail of the signal resulted from convolution to add it at the begining of next packet to model ISI.

I hope I understood your inquiry :) !

yes, thanks.

my question on another way:
what is the time when the packet on the channel? of course if I know the above things...

Status
Not open for further replies.