Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Deisgn a filter of 8MHz BW at 15.42MHz with 4K impedance

Status
Not open for further replies.

brmadhukar

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I need to deisgn a filter of 8MHz BW at 15.42MHz with 4K impedance. I know the inductor values will be high. If were to use a lesser impedance I shall be able to do it with practical values. For this I want to reduce the filter impedance and use a transformer to step up impedances. Is it practical, wher do I get these transformers and how do I do it.

Thanks in advance
madhukar

Hi
why u don't try active filter rather than passive one I think u can control the impedence mathing better with active device

FIlter Match

There some other impedance structure such as T, Pi netwrok which may fit your requirement.

transformer problems

At these frequencies, transformers have problems at these impedance levels. I tried a traditional design and got several 1 pF capacitors. You will have trouble with parasitic resonances in the inductors and PC layout.

How about using RF op amps with a series 4 k ohm resistor from the driving one to the filter and a shunt 4 k ohm resistor at the output op amp in the ususal inverting two resistor circuit configruation.

Another trick is to use coupled resonator type filter with taps on the end resonators for interfacing to the lower impedance outside world.

One other problem is your bandwidth being about 50% of the center frequency. You may be better using a high pass and a low pass filter in a row. (tandem) with an amplifier stage between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back