Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

definition of UWB and WB antennas compared to the...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitch81

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
uwb antenna definition

hi

what is the definition of a UWB antenna compared to the percentage of bandwidth?

if i consider that: %BW=((f2-f1)/f0)*100

fo= resonant frequency
f1 and f2 cutoff frequencies

at what percentage should be considered that the antenna is ultra large band (UWB) or just wide band (WB)?

help please!!!

uwb wiki

They cover the desired frequency range of your intended application AND they have the proper time domain impulse response.

sorry i don't understand!

for example, the central frequency for wifi is 2.4GHz! if i have antenna with: f1=2.2GHz, and f2=2.9GHz

we have: %BW=((2.9-2.2)/2.4)*100=29.17%, conclusion?

UWB or not?

More than 20% bandwith is considered UWB, but nearly all practical UBW antennas have 100% bandwith or more.Biconicals and Vivaldi are most common UWB antennas.

There are a wide range of definitions of what is wide band. Just be cautious and make sure you are using a definition that is consistent with the definition your customer uses.

Added after 27 seconds:

There are a wide range of definitions of what is wide band. Just be cautious and make sure you are using a definition that is consistent with the definition your customer uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back