Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Defining Rules for BGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amina Nadeem

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I am abit confused about the use of rooms and classes in altium. Actually my problem is i want to define width rule for my two BGA packages so that they can be routed at different widths than all the board. What should be my query statement. I have tried ''IsBGA'' command but it is not working for me. Any other ideas.?

Hello

I am abit confused about the use of rooms and classes in altium. Actually my problem is i want to define width rule for my two BGA packages so that they can be routed at different widths than all the board. What should be my query statement. I have tried ''IsBGA'' command but it is not working for me. Any other ideas.?

I have found the solution of my problem. Posting it here for the sake of helping others.
Define a polygonal room which consist of your two BGA packages. Then use TouchesRoom('your room name here') command or WithinRoom('your room name here') for defining rules of widths. Now you can route your BGAs with different widths than all board.

Thank You.

Unless you have ridiculously small BGAs (0.5mm pitch), generally I do not change route widths on a board as it add an impedance mismatch, and with the quality of todays PCB manufacture thickening the routes is not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back