Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Defining input and output impedance

Status
Not open for further replies.

veenife

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey... Ive read a bunch of articles in the internet about impedance... im wrting at the moment a simple essay and i put some words together to define input and output impedance... but im still not 100% sure of what exactly they are.... ive read this in wikipedia which confused me a bit:

"The characteristic impedance of a transmission line is the ratio of the voltage and current of a wave travelling along the line. When the wave reaches the end of the line, in general, there will be a reflected wave which travels back along the line in the opposite direction. When this wave reaches the source, it adds to the transmitted wave and the ratio of the voltage and current at the input to the line will no longer be the characteristic impedance. This new ratio is called the input impedance."

i would like to complement my writing a bit more... which is this at the moment:

"The output impedance or internal impedance, is the opposition to current that happens inside any device which generate their own voltage. Just so, any device that receives voltage has it's input impedance, sometimes also called load impedance, which is the way the target equipment resists against the up coming energy from the source."

is input impedance a resistance perceived by the destination or source???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back