Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

deep discharge cut off lead acid 6v

Status
Not open for further replies.

myfaithnka

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

pls suggest me a method to cut off the 6v,4.5 ah battery form service at a voltage of 5 V.

I am looking for non relay circuit.

thanks.

Read battery datasheet for maximum allowed current and expected battery capacity according to draining currents.

maximum amperage is 2.3 A. I measured it.

This method has an op amp switching an NPN transistor on and off. It does not use a relay.

If the op amp is a 741, then the output will not go all the way down to 0V with a single supply. Some experimenting may be needed with the bias network (example, diode in series, pull-down resistor, etc.).

I would make that 1K resistor a little bigger. If he zeros out the pot, that puts a 1K load across the batter at all times. A constant 6mA is going to kill the battery in 30 days.

You might want to put in a latch. When you disconnect the battery from service the voltage will rise..... enough to turn on the load again.

Lead acid battery should not stay in discharged state, semi-discharged state or any state below full state, and look to recharge it in 24h time cycle.

Hi all,

what is your opinion about this circuit.

9911172100_1372423915.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back