Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dealing with timing issue in ZYNQ7000

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABADY1000

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a project on ZYNQ7000 chip, I read data from image sensor, apply some processing on the received images, and show it on a display using BT656 protocol.

The problem is that there are many timing issues, and every time I make even a slight modification and regenerate the bit-stream there is a risk new generated bit-stream won't work properly.

I contacted someone to help me fixing timing issues, and he solved it (Vivado shows no timing errors), but after I run the project I found the function of the system is not working properly!

So, what I am asking about is where to go next? What is the method I should follow to fix my problem?

Someone suggested I make post-implementation simulation, the problem here is I am using zynq7000, how would I simulate CPU and RAM(memory)? would using QEMU help me applying post-implementation simulation? or do I need to?

Hi,

I guess you need to set up your timing constraints correctly.
Then your compiler tries to keep within these specifications and reports issues.

Klaus

Make sure your design is constrained properly. Xilinx has tutorials for design constraining. Read them first.
If you if can correctly constrain the design the step of post-implementation simulation can be eliminated. I never perform post-implementation simulation on my designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.