Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dealing with a battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

vahbhaiv

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was trying to program an AVR tiny to make a pwm based charger out of it ,

A charger which could be used for charging mobile batteries...

for this I experimented using the Nokia-1100 phone battery ..

When I checked the signal at the o/p of the charger ,it was a pure ,regulated DC power supply of ~5 V..

But when I tried to charge it(phone) using the DC power from a power supply at 5 Volts ,the charging never started .

The Nokia charger provides a current of 0.8 A for charging purposes ,and the power supply which I used is capable of much more ....

I was completely amazed to notice that the charging occurred from the DC supply from the ( nokia )charger ,but however if the same DC power when provided from an external source is unable to charge the hone battery ....

I have even known and seen devices called mobile USB chargers which sink in current from the USB port of a computer and these devices work fine...
then why does it not work from a power supply....

Somebody please help...
Any kind of help would be highly appreciated .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back